Old 22-06-2011, 06:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default OT English System vs Imperial System of Measure

Billy wrote:
In article ,
echinosum wrote:

I have stuck a label on my scales 1 cup = 225g, for
translation from US recipe books.

What do you usually measure on your scale, that a cup would equal half a
kilo (vol/mass).

I saw that also, however a cup is a liquid measure and thought it may be
different than ours. Also 225g is less than one fourth a kilogram, not one
half.

Dry measure of flour can be different from product to product. For baking
measuring flour is best done by weight rather than by volume.

My other thought was they have A cup that weighs 225g

--
Enjoy Life... Nad R Garden in zone 5a All postings uses the American
System of Measures.