Old 22-06-2011, 09:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bloke Down The Pub Bloke Down The Pub is offline

Default OT English System vs Imperial System of Measure

u...
"Nad R" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message

Enjoy Life... Nad R Garden in zone 5a All postings uses the American
System of Measures.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ustomary_units

LOL. So it's NOT called an 'English' system.

"American system", "US system", "UK system", "imperial system", "Metric
System" almost every country has a measurement system with minor
differences. There is even an "Australian System".

Is there? The only measurements that I know of that are used in Australia
are the standard international ones. Do you have a cite?

However most are the two camps, "English and Imperial" with liquid
measure
having the greatest difference with the same named units.

Yes, the US for the most part IS the English System.

Sigh.

The only uniquely Australian measurement I know of involves "a cut lunch and
a water bag"

Mike