Old 22-06-2011, 04:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ono[_2_] Ono[_2_] is offline

Default Plant ID Please

On Jun 20, 9:18*pm, kay wrote:
'Ono[_2_ Wrote:

;927319']On Jun 19, 1:35*am, "Ian B" wrote:-
I inherited this from my mother, and have no idea what it is. Any
idea,
anyone?

'Garden 1 pictures by spoonman242 - Photobucket'
(http://tinyurl.com/6yasttn)...

'Garden 1 pictures by spoonman242 - Photobucket'
(http://tinyurl.com/6yasttn)...

It would be nice to know what care it's meant to be getting, though
this is
the second year it has flowered so it can't be too unhappy...

Ian-

Hello

This flower may be unfamiliar to the Western ppl, but among the Asians
it is popular.
It's a 'scarlet Kaffir lily' (one of orchid species).

It's *not* an orchid. It's in the Amaryllidaceae, the daffodil family.

It's well known in the west, too - as a houseplant in england, in street
plantings in, for example, southern Portugal.

--
kay

Hi Kay

After i've noticed a mistake about an orchid, i deleted this post.
but it was too late. it had already sent to all the readers.
Every time i saw its orchid-like roots, i had an idea it belongs to
orchid.
If there's anything that is not accurate in the lines i had told you
about things in the west,
plz forgive my ignorance.

Ono