Old 22-06-2011, 11:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default OT English System vs Imperial System of Measure

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message

Enjoy Life... Nad R Garden in zone 5a All postings uses the American
System of Measures.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ustomary_units

LOL. So it's NOT called an 'English' system.

"American system", "US system", "UK system", "imperial system", "Metric
System" almost every country has a measurement system with minor
differences. There is even an "Australian System".

Is there? The only measurements that I know of that are used in Australia
are the standard international ones. Do you have a cite?

http://www.measurement.gov.au/measur...s/default.aspx

I find the terms are mostly semantics. Like the Term "American System" is
mostly the "English System".