Old 22-06-2011, 03:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Garden visitor

FarmI wrote:
"Doug Freyburger" wrote:
Ruben wrote:

What is a wombat?

A marsupial that is not a possum, so that limits his continent to
Australia and it's islands.

As opposed to the multiple varieties of Australian possums which aren't the
same thing at all as US possums.

Exactly. Possums of various sorts are on multiple continents. Other
marsupials generally not.

Was the wombat eating stuff in your garden or did you get to it in time
and relocate it? Being herbivores I would think you don't want any in
your garden. I figure they are not as voracious as rabbits but they
just might taste somewhat like rabiit. No clue if they are rare enough
to be protected.