Old 22-06-2011, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Today's free gift

Today a friend took me to a local garden centre, (Wyevale).
She noticed a girl putting things into a black sack, among them 2
streptocarpus. " What's wrong with those?" asked my friend. "They're
dead" said the girl. Well we ended up being allowed to retrieve them
from the sack and take them away. Dead? Well the flowers had
finished but the plants were healthy and not drooping. A few leaves
were damaged from being dumped in the sack but a quick tidy-up and a
couple of weeks TLC and they'll be OK. Also I took some leaf cuttings
from a broken leaf.
No wonder their plants in general are so pricy!

Pam in Bristol