Old 22-06-2011, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default About grass

On Jun 21, 5:31*am, Lima wrote:
My question is i want to install artifical grass in my garden and the
people of 'jardineria en barcelona | jardineros en barcelona | jardines'
(http://www.jardineriamarve.net) talk me about a last generation of
artificial grass with good price, but im not convinced about that,
therefore I would like to know your opinion about artificial grass? is
better than the natural grass?

--
Lima

"Better for WHAT" ?

1. Children playing on it?

2. Lawn parties?

3. Just cosmetic -- i.e. for looks?

4. Play sports on it?

etc. Need to define your usage.

Personally, I'd never get artificial grass. The very thought is
abhorrent.

People who prefer natural grass need to think about lawn upkeep --
i.e.fertilizers and pesticides

BTW: (NEVER LET CHILDREN PLAY ON A LAWN THAT HAS BEEN TREATED WITH
THESE TOXIC ELEMENTS. Not that great for pets, either)

For natural lawns, one should have access to and know how to use, non-
toxic products.

You also need to think about water. Where I live, water is very
expensive, so the green") City encourages people to switch to
xeriscapic landscaping. What is your water situation?

HB