Old 22-06-2011, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID

In message , Mike
writes
Hi, thanks for giving advice for presenting photos to the newsgroup, I
opted for Photobucket
and I am sure after a few more tweeks, it will be better presented.
There are 12 pictures of various plants to ID one of them is repeated
at the bottom.
I guess if you number them left to right as if reading a book page, it
would help me to tie them together.
http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i329/dmiko2/
Thanks in anticipation.
Mike in Northumberland.

1) The red is Helianthemum (rock rose) - is the white the same? (In the
photo the flowers are washed out, which makes things less clear cut.)

The spectacularly red Helianthemum is 'Firedragon', but yours looks too
pale for this.

2) Is that another Helianthemum? I can't make out the details. 'Wisley
Primrose' is a common yellow cultivar.

3) Geranium. Probably a Geranium sanguineum (bloody cranesbill) cultivar

4) Hypericum androsaemum or Hypericum x inodorum (I distinguish them by
the relative sizes of sepals and petals).

5) Rosa (rose); no idea which one.

6) pass.

7) Allium moly (golden garlic)

8) Thalictrum (meadow rue); Google leads me to suspect Thalictrum
flavum.

9) Maybe Phytolacca americana (pokeweed)

10) One of the ornamental Alliums. Perhaps Allium christophii, but I
seem to recall that there is a similar species also cultivated.

11) Phacelia tanacetifolia

12) pass.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley