Old 22-06-2011, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What is this Plant?

In message , Rose1
writes

Lonz72;927582 Wrote:
Hello all,

I am new to this forum so please be gentle.

I have this plant growing in my garden in Kent and would like to know
what it is. It has clusters of tiny pink flowers and the leaves are
approx 7.5cm long with serrated edges. I have attached a couple of
photos.

I have tried online identification websites but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

James

I think it looks like a Spirea (maybush) it could be a candlelight or a
firefly.

Spiraea japonica. If the web is to be trusted 'Candle Light' has gold
young foliage.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley