Old 23-06-2011, 05:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default OT English System vs Imperial System of Measure

"Nad R" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message

Enjoy Life... Nad R Garden in zone 5a All postings uses the
American
System of Measures.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ustomary_units

LOL. So it's NOT called an 'English' system.

"American system", "US system", "UK system", "imperial system", "Metric
System" almost every country has a measurement system with minor
differences. There is even an "Australian System".

Is there? The only measurements that I know of that are used in Australia
are the standard international ones. Do you have a cite?

http://www.measurement.gov.au/measur...s/default.aspx

Did you actually read the cite? Your reference to there being an
"Australian System" of measurement is not supported by anything on that
site. In fact just the reverse. The Australian Government Legislation
states quite specifically that Australia uses 'the International system of
Units'.

As a nation, I'm sure we'd like to think we can punch above our weight but I
don't know any Aussie who'd be so arrogant as to claim that an
'International system' is an Australian one.

I find the terms are mostly semantics. Like the Term "American System" is
mostly the "English System".

Perhaps you could correct Wikipedia's entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ustomary_units