Old 23-06-2011, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raspberry cuttings

"Frank" wrote in message
o.uk...
I've tried taking a few.from green side shoots over a month ago. They've
all calloused well,and still look healthy but so far none of these have
rooted. Anyone tried this and had success.

I am struggling to work out why you are doing cuttings? they are so easy
from root divisions, particularly the autumn varieties.
Raspberry cuttings run serious risks of transmitting various cane diseases
including viruses, we always burn raspberry pruning's whilst nearly
everything else goes through the shredder.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs