Old 23-06-2011, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default Ohio food status

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"DogDiesel" wrote:

"Nad R" wrote in message
"DogDiesel" wrote:

-snip-
ago. And I put in Corn yesterday. Because it got over two feet tall in
my
house. under grow lights.

But nothing else yet.

Corn under grow lights, why bother?

And the soil temp needed to be 70. And i planned on June 5 to put the
in.
but its too wet., And the pack said best seeded under lights.

Have you still got the packet? Variety? Source? What kind of
corn needs 70 degree soil?

I'm not sure where the pack is, but I found the other pack I got. , Its a
variety I didn't plant. And its 70F too. Its territorial seed co. how
sweet it is corn .Hybrid SH2. And it says SE and SH2 varieties minimum
soil temp is 70F. Planting them in colder soil will bring disappointment.
The other pack was sh2 also but it was from johnnies. I didn't plant them
together because johnnies pack said don't plant within 100 yards of other
corn. Or something like that. The pack said if they pollinate from other
corn it will ruin them.

I got the pack somewhere I only put in 32 plants . But they were just about
the same instructions. I didn't know about the cross pollination issue
though.

Diesel.