Old 24-06-2011, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Which is the best mailorder for vegetable Seeds etc

Derald wrote:
As long as we're naming favorites, I've been pleased for many years with
"Thompson & Morgan", a U.K. breeder/seller with an efficient North American
distribution center. T&M has two separate web sites for U.K.-Europe and North
America, respectively. T&M is my _only_ source for "Delinel" filet beans because
they are really real "French" beans -- seeds grown in France and packed in U.K.
In U.S.A. many small-time operators on the web are reselling T&M seeds but one
must ask the direct question in order to find out. My current "favorite" for a
wide selection of "heirloom" and organic veggie varieties that interest me is
"Sustainable Seed Co.", suggested to me by another newsgroupie, and on the web
at http://sustainableseedco.com/home.php.

My present "never-again" or "cold day in hell" list consists only of "Baker
Creek Heirloom Seeds", on the web at http://rareseeds.com/. I can't fault the
products but their customer service and certain of their business practices are
not my cup of tea; YMMV.

aside from the customer service from any
on-line company being a likely suspect...

what business practices are those?

songbird