Old 24-06-2011, 03:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Which is the best mailorder for vegetable Seeds etc

"Derald" wrote in message

Paul Fosbury wrote:

Which is the best mailorder company for ordering vegetable
seeds ?

It's the one that sells what you want at prices you're willing to pay with
service you find pleasing.
As long as we're naming favorites, I've been pleased for many years with
"Thompson & Morgan", a U.K. breeder/seller with an efficient North
American
distribution center. T&M has two separate web sites for U.K.-Europe and
North
America, respectively. T&M is my _only_ source for "Delinel" filet beans
because
they are really real "French" beans -- seeds grown in France and packed in
U.K.
In U.S.A. many small-time operators on the web are reselling T&M seeds but
one
must ask the direct question in order to find out. My current "favorite"
for a
wide selection of "heirloom" and organic veggie varieties that interest me
is
"Sustainable Seed Co.", suggested to me by another newsgroupie, and on the
web
at http://sustainableseedco.com/home.php.
My present "never-again" or "cold day in hell" list consists only of
"Baker
Creek Heirloom Seeds", on the web at http://rareseeds.com/. I can't
fault the
products but their customer service and certain of their business
practices are
not my cup of tea; YMMV.
--
Derald
FL USDA zone 9a

I don't understand, Baker Creek and Johnny's are my favorite sources.
Steve