Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Scott Rogahn

Default Which florescent tubes for DIY hood

I took your advice and ordered the Hagen natural CO2 system.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=8981

"Alex R" wrote in message
"Scott Rogahn" wrote in message

BTW I do not inject CO2. That may be the next project. I do use

flourish,
flourish trace and flourish iron.

I strongly recommend that you don't run 60 Watts over 20 gallons without
CO2. Otherwise, you're in for a huge algae outbreak. Until you get CO2,

use
only 2 of the bulbs on your tank. Most plants will survive under that
lighting. But their growth will not improve by much with 60 W over 30 W
without CO2. You'll also want to look into finding some sources of
macronutrients like KNO3, K2SO4, KH2PO4, etc., because your plants will

most
likely require them once you increase the lighting and add CO2.
__
Alex
pcalex (at) hotpop.com