Old 25-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Slopegardener Slopegardener is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannerman View Post
Hi Slopegardener, we know it down here in Cornwall as 'winter heliotrope', its a very common weed down around the mild creeks and grows from an underground mat of fleshy roots and it will spread and take over. It can be controlled with glysophate but may take several goes ! Spray when the new shoots are about 4" tall and best of luck !!
Lannerman.
Thanks for the welcome lannerman. I think it's taken advantage of my clearance of a patch of the slope as it hasn't spread back over the crown and can't move out through the wall of nettles and brambles where my clearance ends. Once everything grows back up then it'll probably lose it's window of opportunity. That's the hope anyway.

I was driving down to Newquay recently for work and really enjoyed the great banks of Foxgloves you have. Stunning colour.