Old 26-06-2011, 04:13 PM
sambucus sambucus is offline
Registered User

Default wildlife pond

I am new to this forum but was very pleased to see section on ponds - I am currently building a large wildlife pond for a school 16,000 gallons approx.

I am wondering what peoples views are on soil inside the liner or not?
I have been told it will help to encourage a full range of wildlife but others say it may make the water murky and encourage blanket weed.

Also any views on best plants to encourage wildlife ? Situation is fairly open, shelves at various depths
Plants in basket planters or not?