Old 26-06-2011, 03:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Which is the best mailorder for vegetable Seeds etc

Derald wrote:
songbird wrote:

i'm not associated with them in any manner,
but i find it disheartening when people make
negative comments about a company in public
but then won't talk about why.

Good Lord;

thank you for saying it all.

it's trivial but annoying and a pet peeve: Baker Creek punishes
first-time buyers with unbidden and unwanted mailings while providing no means
of opting out. Getting off their mailing list is a challenge which, so far, has
included telephone and email requests along with enduring a Gene Autry record --
subjecting callers to a Gene Autry record simply is abusive ;-) As it was
explained to me, their software harvests customers' names automagically and
cannot be overridden. I've even promised not to buy from them again, if they'll
just refrain from sending me their landfill. Email correspondence as recently as
11 May from the self-described "keeper of the list" informs that she has
"physically removed" my name from their "existing lists" (which I really
believed already to have been accomplished a year ago) and has "made a note in
our system to not mail you a catalog" but can make no guarantee. No mention of
"future lists". Yes, I know that very many people consider mail-order catalogs
to be entertaining reading and a valuable resource but I'm not among those. No,
I don't believe for a moment B.C. will specifically miss my piddling
contributions to their revenue.

i'm pretty much in the same boat you are.
we hate starting any new relationship with
any seller because they all assume we want
their junk mail. even when we tell them
that we don't want to get any, that we don't
want to be on their list it seems they'll
ignore the request and then sell it to
everyone they can.

every time i use the credit card with a
new company i shudder at what i might be
setting in motion.

95% of the junkmail we recieve never
makes it out of the post office. they've
set up a recycling bin there and in it
goes. the rest i bring home and shred
for the bins.

songbird