Old 26-06-2011, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Early Potatoes

On 26/06/2011 12:27, Bob Hobden wrote:
Now everyone is eating their early potatoes how are they?
What do you think of the varieties you grew for growth and taste?

We grew Inova and Printaline this year and must say we are rather
impressed, probably the best early pototoes we have ever grown for
yield, tuber quality/shape and flavour and that says a lot as we try
different varieties every year. When the potatoes were still small we
were getting over 3lb from each plant and the last Inova we dug up we
got over 5lbs although they are beginning to get large, still taste nice
though. The Printalines seem to have stayed smaller, more like new
potato size.

So please let us know how your varieties have done?

Harvesting Lady Christl (?) now. A few plants came down with black-leg
and the yields have been variable. Smooth tasty potatoes. Leaving
Kestrel till later. The plants certainly look more vigorous.