Old 26-06-2011, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default 110 degrees

On Jun 25, 1:08*pm, Mysterious Traveler
wrote:
On 06/25/2011 08:12 AM, John McGaw wrote:

On 6/24/2011 7:28 PM, Mysterious Traveler wrote:
I knew it was hot when the garden was dried out after being watered
good early this morning. I was shocked when Time & Temp told the
temperature. Even the weather app on the computer shows 108 degrees.
Monday through Wednesday we were between 95 & 98 for the high each
day.

How is the drought affecting England, France & Germany? BBC world
news was saying it's bad there. Anyone from those countries on this
group being affected?

Desert West Texas

Well, the BBC was reporting horrible drought conditions in the Scottish
Highlands all through the Spring -- fires on the moor etc. When I got
there in early May it rained every bloody day except one for two weeks.
I would have been happier had the drought continued for a bit more since
I was hiking from Fort William to up past Inverness and I really hate
damp walks with raingear constantly going on and coming off.

Fires burned the area around Carlsbad Caverns last week. If you heard
about the fires at Springerville, Arizona, that area was one of the most
beautiful forest and camping areas I've ever been to. No idea what it's
like now. In the summer hundreds of people walk and ride bikes along
the road each day. They have great Bar-B-Q.

--

People said much the same thing about those ginormous Yellowstone
fires a decade ago. The thing is, those areas would not burn like this

Chris