Old 27-06-2011, 01:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dewstow Gardens and Grottoes

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2011-06-26 15:54:38 +0100, islaygardener
said:

Dave Hill;927950 Wrote:
Has anyone come accross this place?
It's a new one on me.
Dewstow Gardens and Grottoes,
Caerwent, Monmouthshire, South Wales, NP26 5AH
'Dewstow Gardens' (http://tinyurl.com/3fs4vmq)

Thanks for pointing this place out, Dave - it looks amazing. I was going
on a tour of French gardens in September but may well go to Wales
instead now. Other than Dewston and Portmerion, can anyone suggest other
"must - see " Welsh gardens ? Thanks.

Never been there but - Bodnant? Botanic garden? Veddw - which we are
going to soon. Roy Strong's The Laskett, just in Herefordshire.

Powis Castle. (Depending on how badly it's been hit by the last two hard
winters; it had a lot of tender plants on south facing terraces.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley