Old 27-06-2011, 05:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Which is the best mailorder for vegetable Seeds etc

"Derald" wrote in message
songbird wrote:

i'm not associated with them in any manner,
but i find it disheartening when people make
negative comments about a company in public
but then won't talk about why.

I can understand why someone might not want to say anything specific in a
public forum. Litigation is all too easy.

Good Lord; it's trivial but annoying and a pet peeve: Baker Creek punishes
first-time buyers with unbidden and unwanted mailings while providing no
means
of opting out. Getting off their mailing list is a challenge which, so
far, has
included telephone and email requests along with enduring a Gene Autry
record --
subjecting callers to a Gene Autry record simply is abusive ;-) As it was
explained to me, their software harvests customers' names automagically
and
cannot be overridden.

I'd call that crappy software. It should be corrected ASAP.

I've even promised not to buy from them again, if they'll
just refrain from sending me their landfill. Email correspondence as
recently as
11 May from the self-described "keeper of the list" informs that she has
"physically removed" my name from their "existing lists" (which I really
believed already to have been accomplished a year ago) and has "made a
note in
our system to not mail you a catalog" but can make no guarantee. No
mention of
"future lists". Yes, I know that very many people consider mail-order
catalogs
to be entertaining reading and a valuable resource but I'm not among
those. No,
I don't believe for a moment B.C. will specifically miss my piddling
contributions to their revenue.

They may not, but that's not why you were complaining. :-)))