Old 27-06-2011, 02:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Bessy will become beef soon :(

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"enigma" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote in
u:

I'm sorry to hear that Bessie didn't work out. Dairy cows aren't
supposed to make good beef so I'd be interested to hear a report
on the product once you get aroudn to eating some of it.

most of the mince in the US is old dairy cows... it's cheap.

Hello there Lee - long time no see. What have you been up to?

It has been busy here this June. Last month everything was wet and rained
almost every day. June here is coming along nice here for me. I have some
low spots in which I will fill today that still is a bit mucky, yes that is
a technical term.

The sun is shinning. A little rain shower every other day so I do not have
to water everything by hand. I have ten pots of Begonias that I started
from seed to plant around the yard. I think I will get my bicycle out clean
it up and go for a ride. It has been in the basement for the last three
years.

The biggest change is that my Mom 85 years old, now lives with me. Her
health and mind is in good shape, except she has AMD, A-Macular Eye
Disease. She has been taking these shots in the eye for years. Now her good
eye went also. She can see, but vision is limited. When her second eye
went, she can no longer drive.

Good thing I am retired myself now. I now have the time to help out. I got
a new big button phone and printed out a her personal phone listings in big
print. One page per person on her list in a binder. She is now happy that
she is able to call people. She has not been able to call her friends the
last few months. I programmed the TV remote for her favorite stations, she
had a hard time changing channels because she could not see the small
numbers. Same with the radio preset buttons.

She has her mind and in good physical shape for the most part, also loves
to be in the garden. She can see but it is limited. I am just grateful that
I got my early retirement just in time.