Old 27-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Laura Corin Laura Corin is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden[_3_] View Post

Sounds like your hoe is not sharp enough, it needs to be knife sharp.
The Wolf Garten Multitool Push Pull weeder is self sharpening and worth
every penny which is why Kew, the RHS etc all use them.

- Sounds great. It's now in my basket on-line.

I just know what to and what not to compost, basically it's
just Bindweed on our allotment which we leave out to dry out or take home
for the bin.

- Okay, I need to display my ignorance. Which of these weeds should I not compost? Docks, thistles, daisies, buttercups, ground elder, dandelions, nettles, cleavers, fireweed, hogweed, indeterminate other things...
Many thanks

Laura