Old 27-06-2011, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Soil Analysis

Kate Morgan wrote:
Can anyone one recommend where I can get a complete and thorough soil
analysis done, it is for use on a bit of land that was an orchard in the
past but is now needed for animals.

What are you expecting to gain from the soil analysis? If it was an
orchard then it sounds as if there will be nothing particularly nasty
there, apart from that my approach would be 'suck it and see'.

We have 9 acres with two horses on it and also about an acre of
orchard. Good general maintenance - regular topping and removal of
nasty plants - seems to keep it all in pretty good condition. In the
long term I think it needs some lime (alkali) but it's not going to
suddenly all turn brown if we don't do that too quickly (we've been
here 12 years or so now and the grass is better this year than it has
been for a while).

--
Chris Green