Old 28-06-2011, 08:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Bessy will become beef soon :(

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message

Sounds reasonable, something I have not considered. But cooking, cooking
well is still a learning curve fro me.

I notice you hang out in rec.food.cooking where there are some woeful food
discussions and some people who haven't got the first clue about how to cook
but it's always good for a laugh.

Cooking isn't rocket science and is a lot like gardening. Start with the
basics. Take yourself to the local library and borrow a good basic cookery
book (and go back and take out other books untill you find one that works
for you as a bible). Start from first principles ie, learn aobut
ingredients then take baby steps such as how to roast something, how to
grill (which I think is 'broil' in USian) , how to fry something and then
work out from that to how to make white sauce as a base for something and
how that can be changed to a cheese sauce etc.

Close to rocket science. I have read that the "Sauce" is the basics of all
meals. get the sauce right and the meal will be right. Every nation is
known by the sauce. Gravy for the US. Salsa for the Latin America.
Hollandaise for French. Chinese...
Nothing is simple. Hardest part is meal planning

My favorite science book
http://www.amazon.com/CookWise-Succe...9246227&sr=8-1