View Single Post
  #11   Report Post  
Old 28-06-2011, 03:32 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Fosbury View Post
Which is the best mailorder company for ordering vegetable
seeds ?
I wouldn't buy seeds online, unless there was no other way of buying the seeds I wanted, because I object to the hefty postage charges. Here in the UK seeds are sold in Spring by many supermarkets and discount stores besides the usual outlets such as garden centres and nurseries.

Likewise, I prefer to pick out new plants myself when possible. I have used mail order for plants. Crocus is good Buy plants online - Online Garden Centre for a wide variety of plants, garden tools, furniture and equipment.

If a newspaper/magazine reader offer catches your eye, I strongly suggest using the Internet to check out the supplier's own website and to compare prices on reader offer websites of other magazines/newspapers.

Same plant, size of pot supplied by same company will very often cost more when ordered via a quality newspaper's offer than those offerec via a red top tabloid reader offer. I'd rather order the Mirror offer than the Daily Telegraph offer and save money when both would come from the same supplier