Old 28-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Coleslaw Coleslaw is offline
Registered User

Location: SE England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Riddle View Post
I thought there was a bee crisis in the U.S. I have seen more bees in
the last few weeks than I have ever seen. I am not sure what kind they
are, they don't look like what I think of as a honey bee. I also
found a wasp nest in my greenhouse after I got stung twice. Anyone
else?

Saw one today, mulling over the privet flowers.
Had somewhat whitish hairs, but still the standard pollinator.

Cheers
I've seen bees Last Summer I saw some huge hornets and a dragonfly as big as those I've seen in the South of France ie with a bigger wingspan than a sparrow. Both freaked me out as they flew past my nose. I feel sorry for Aussies not having bumble bees. A bumble bee doesn't know that it can't fly, so it does