Old 28-06-2011, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Soil Analysis

"Martin" wrote ...

The soil analysis that was done on the ground of the allotment that my
wife uses indicated what were significant levels. The ground where the
allotment is located was at one time a bulb field, there was concern
that the ground contained heavy metals and pesticide residues. It
didn't

For some reason our Council had a soil analysis done on a site in Chertsey
some years ago and it came back with terrible readings, they were thinking
they would have to close down the site completely. On speaking to older
allotment holders they found out that a previous elderly gardener used to
dump his old engine oil on part of his plot and it just happened that that
was the spot the soil was taken from. The rest of the site was then tested
and got a clean bill of health.
Our plot when we took it over was full of bricks, broken and whole bottles,
large bones (?) and bits of plastic, amazes me what people put in the soil
on an allotment.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden