Old 29-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
I'm not particularly bothered what happens to the plants, we have tonnes of
potatoes growing, but I'm a bit worried that hte chickens are munching
through what I had assumed are poisonous plants, put up as a barrier to stop
them coming down the steps.

Can chickens eat potato foliage or should I remove them?
(I always thought they had one of those "know not to eat them" things about
them, but they were also eating bluebells, which I think are also
poisonous)

--
We always throw our potato peelings for our chucks, they do like to eat them sometimes but not always.
They do eat some weird things though, we have ivy growing all the way down one side of our chicken run and they love the stuff and have cleared all the leaves off to around 18" high!!