Old 29-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlisa View Post
My new bed is ready for planting but I have lots of questions I hope someone can help me with. My bed is 5.50m x 1.90m and backs onto the house and path. It is a raised bed and enjoys lots of sunshine except for today when the sun has not made an appearance.

I think I would like hybrid tea roses but am open to suggestions as long as there is lots of fragrance and colour.
I would like to plant other flowering plants inbetween the rose is this ok?
Would you plant 2 straight rows or group the roses
When it comes to colour would it be better to mix all the rose colours up or have a sort of colour scheme where the reds and pinks go together the yellows and oranges etc
Would it be best to keep everything level or have some climbers in the bed or some half standards?

As you can see I have lots of questions to be resolved before I go out and buy my roses.
Can anyone help. Thanks. I would attach a picture but not sure how.
I'd keep it to a theme rather than mixing everything up too much.
Say three standard roses in a triangle formation, seperated by a low hedge of lavender (roses and lavender go amazingly well together!)
And then plant the taller Hybrid Teas near the back and maybe some small patio roses for the front?
Maybe something like this?

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...antingplan.jpg

Excuse my drawing and measurements i had to do it in my head lol!
Yay! it's spring!