Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
chet

Default Can I turn off lights in the middle of the day?

"kush" wrote in message
Also, I'm not familiar with the bio-wheel power-filter. Is that a
mechanical filter that accelerates bacterial breakdown by heavily
oxygenating the water?

Yes, it is the bio-wheel power-filter. I have it set to the lowest setting
(I like quiet). According to the literature, it is designed to provide a
high oxygen level to nitrifying bacteria that live on the wheel. It does not
generate a lot of surface turbulance. I'll measure CO2 again this evening
and get back to you on the numbers

My Rotala indica is one of the fastest growing plant in my tanks. At
comparable light levels, I'd expect to prune four to six inches off it

every
week. Is yours growing that fast?

It has grown some, but more like two inches in a month. Plus it's getting a
little "leggy". The Amazons, Onion plants, and Anacharis are the racehorces
in my tank.

How much and how often are you changing your water?

~40%-50% every other week.

Have you added any phosphate-based products to adjust your pH?

None that I am aware of. I have added Seachem "Flourish" and Seachem "Root
Tabs" and Hikari goldfish food.

I'll get you numbers tonight.

Thanks for your help

chet