Old 29-06-2011, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chickens eating potato plants

wrote in message
I'm not particularly bothered what happens to the plants, we have tonnes
of
potatoes growing, but I'm a bit worried that hte chickens are munching
through what I had assumed are poisonous plants, put up as a barrier to
stop
them coming down the steps.

Can chickens eat potato foliage or should I remove them?
(I always thought they had one of those "know not to eat them" things
about
them, but they were also eating bluebells, which I think are also
poisonous)

--

Both plants will not do them much good. I would advise removing your
chickens from where the plants are.