Old 29-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Snootycat Snootycat is offline
Registered User

Question I think I planted this but I dont know what it is!

Hi, I am new to the forum.
I think I planted this but I don't know what it is?
I have a vague memory of planting something in front of the pear tree. Its in entirely the wrong place, the memory I have is that I put it there temporarily ( and forgot about it). If I sound a little vacant its because my work has been horrendous this past year and my garden has got overgrown. Fortunately I am now taking semi retirement, and am clearing the jungle. Now its likely its some sort of herb, I tend to only plant useful plants, either herbs, things that look beautiful ( like David Austen roses) or vegetables. As it doesn't look edible and is certainly not beautiful, then I suspect it has some medicinal or natural dyeing value! I have spent ages on the net trying to find it. I thought at first it was Great Mullein but its not furry. Its very tall, I had to crop the pic to upload it. I have seen it growing wild,I know its literally common-all-garden..... can anyone help? Its driving me bonkers.
Thanks
Pam
Attached Thumbnails
I think I planted this but I dont know what it is!-mystery-%5Blant.jpg