Old 29-06-2011, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Tractor mower

"Roy Bailey" wrote in message
In article , Baz
writes

Roy, you will struggle to get any bits for your mower. I bet every owner
is
looking for the same part!(consumables?)
I have some motorcycles which run like new, but are missing something such
as a front mudguard or a nacelle. You just have to make it yourself or
spend lots of money to get it fabricated as a one of.

You might get away with making a mould and replicating with
GRP(fibreglass)
you will have to google that. After all of that your 4 stroke might need
some bits and they are rarer than tits on a chicken.

I hope you don't regard my reply as stupid.

Not at all. (Certainly not compared with some on the forum!)

The problem is that the photos don't show just how bad is the condition
of the pan. If any welding was attempted I am sure all the rust would
burn away. It is only that which is holding it together.

Thanks anyway to all for the advice.

You would be surprised how little good steel you need as the base for a
patchwork welded repair. Particularly if it doesn't need to be pretty.

Mike