Old 30-06-2011, 05:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Viburnum Suckering

"Stacy Kanan" wrote in message
Do I have to cut the suckers? I have 3 vb that have been in place for
5 years. This year they are suckering like crazy! I can't keep up
with the pruning. Do I really have to cut the suckers?

What sort of Viburnum?

My Viburnum opulus sterile, Viburnum tinus and some other sort of viburnum
of which I have no idea what sort, all sucker like crazy. I didn't plant
many of these, but it was because of their suckering ability and thus the
way they'd hedge and fill a space that resulted in them being planted in the
first place.