Old 30-06-2011, 02:04 PM
macadonald macadonald is offline
Registered User

Default Help with garden/planting layout

Hi Guys,

First time on here, so feel free to tell me off if this is an innapropriate question.

Moved into a 3 bed terraced a little over a year ago and spent most of last year focussing on the garden. Took out 2 skip loads of buried and cast concrete, all old fences down and new fences up , top soil and turfed the whole lot. Nothing has been planted yet and we're already well into summer, which is annoying me, where does the time go.

I basically have a blank canvas and want to cut some pretty basic beds and plant some plants. The garden is pretty rectangular and the aoi is roughly 5m x 15m inc turf.

Although I'd like to think I have green fingers and did a lot of gardenign in our bigger South African garden as a youngster, I'm not that familiar with UK plants yet and could really do with advice on what to plant.

Is anyone out there experienced or kind enough to give some landscapign advice if I sent some photos of the garden?

Cheeky maybe, but worth a try. I can explain what I have in mind.