Old 30-06-2011, 03:39 PM
macadonald macadonald is offline
Registered User

Hi,

I have attached 2 pics. One is last year just after the turf was laid and the other is half way through constructing a little patio which has decking in the middle - I want to plant bamboo along the back two raised beds of this patio and smaller flowering plants in the front bed. I have also sunk a pond between this and that horrible green shed which will one day be replaced.

The sun rises to the left of the pictures and sets to the closest right corner. So basically the right hand side gets the early mornign sun and the left hand side gets from mid mornign till late evening. Left hand side definately gets the most.

I had planned to cut the beds a little wider, but not plannign to loose too much grass down the sides and as it reaches the trees just in front of that patio wall on the left I though to cut it accross to the corner of the front patio wall (near the middle of the garden).

In terms of plants, I thought that the sunny strip down the sides (left is sunniest) might look good with low flowering plants like lavender and what ever else. Maybe a couple of bigger shrubs, but nothign too big. Don't mind spending hrs outside lookign after the plants, so do want some nice flowering plants - possibly foxgloves and maybe a nice flowering creeper I could train onto the fence.

Open for ideas though. Very much appreciated. I know some people are great at sketchign out or plannign these things.
Attached Thumbnails
Help with garden/planting layout-img_3905.jpg   Help with garden/planting layout-img_4017.jpg