Old 30-06-2011, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Images

In message , kay
writes

ben.blakey;928548 Wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in
finding non copyrighted flower images.

I'm looking for 3, 5, and 9 petaled flowers?

Thanks

Ben

3 and 5 petalled flowers occur widely in Nature, but I don't know of any
flowers which have 9 petals - you'd be looking for a semi-double which
by chance had 9 petals.

Flowering plants probably started off with flowers with floral parts in
whorls of threes. That's still the case for some lineages, so it would
be just a matter of finding one with three whorls of petaloid organs.

You could probably find a Magnolia with 9 petals. Drimys winteri has a
variable number of petals, but 9 is within its range. However nearer to
home Ficaria verna syn Ranunculus ficaria (lesser celandine) also has a
variable number of petals, with a range including 9.

You could also find Lewisias with 9 petals, and perhaps cacti and water
lilies, as well as assorted magnoliids.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley