Old 30-06-2011, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default When to cut wild flower garden

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 19:01:55 +0100, Moonraker
wrote:

I have left quite a large area of my garden uncut to encourage wild
flowers. This has,I think, been quite successful. Now I know these
should be cut, then the spoil allowed to dry off before removing.
However when should the cutting be done please?

When flowering has ended. Either collect the seed so that you can sow
it where you want specific plants or mixes of plants, or cut the
stalks and leave them for a while to let the seed drop naturally.

rbel