Old 01-07-2011, 04:11 AM posted to sci.bio.misc,sci.bio.botany,sci.environment
Peter Jason Peter Jason is offline

Default horses eat alot of fallen tree leaves in Autumn stories about my cats and horses #24

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:22:24 -0700 (PDT), Archimedes Plutonium
wrote:

I now have six horses. Purchased to keep the grounds and landscaping
from me having to
mow and now I find an additional benefit. They love eating fallen tree
leaves, especially apple
and oak leaves. They love elm; maybe for their sweet taste.

I find that horses like to finish their day of browsing with snacks of
me cutting down small
volunteer weed trees such as hackberry or elm and then giving them the
limbs to eat the
green leaves. They have become so accustomed to eating tree leaves
when hearing the sound of a chainsaw that they come running when
hearing a chain saw.

So I have many benefits by keeping horses. They keep the grass low.
They fertilize the entire
grounds. And now they take care of fallen leaves of Autumn.

They do take time, though. The fences have to always be checked and
strengthened.

What about the vet fees?