Old 01-07-2011, 10:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Bessy will become beef soon :(

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
"FraudI" wrote:
"Brooklyn1" wrote:
"FraudI" wrote:
"David Hare-Scott"wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
"FraudI" wrote:
"Nad R" wrote:

Sounds reasonable, something I have not considered. But cooking,
cooking well is still a learning curve fro me.

I notice you hang out in rec.food.cooking where there are some
woeful food discussions and some people who haven't got the first
clue about how to cook but it's always good for a laugh.

Same as here with some who like to imply they're farmers.

Cooking isn't rocket science and is a lot like gardening.

Obviously for you horticulture and botany are not sciences.

Any way and any topic to disagree over is good for you. You obviously
know that "rocket science" in popular culture stands for things too
complex and difficult for the ordinary person to deal with but for the
sake of having a fight you must try to take it literally. Groan.

Take yourself to the local library and borrow a good basic cookery
book

Cooking from a book is like paint by numbers is art. Believe it or
not the worlds best cooks are totally illiterate... very few of the
cooks working in the finast restaurants graduated high school, and
most can't read or write a lick. Most highly skilled occupations
don't require one know how to read, that's why a skilled carpenter
only needs a blueprint to build a house... skilled machinists don't
need to know how to read, they build jet engines by refering to a
picture.

More provocative nonsense. Do you ever get tired of making stuff up
just to be able to disagree?

I'd no more want someone cooking my dinner by following a
recipe than undergo surgery by someone refering to an instruction
manual.

And once again you miss the point. The advice was how to get started
not
how to become a top chef.

You're no more a farmer than a burger flipper is a cook. It's
easy to ascertain from reading Farm1's posts that he barely possesses
the literacy level of a 4th grader, and even though he is a
functional
illiterate he has demonstrated no innate talents whatsoever.

More accumulated insults for no reason.

Great cooks are born with the talent, it cannot be learned.

At birth the Great Chef in The Sky reaches down and touches each one
with
greatness like a larval bee that is given royal jelly. Yes they
spring
forth from their mothers fully formed requiring no further experience
or
knowledge. In this modern era they only go through apprenticeships
and
years at tertiary education as a pretence. Throughout history none of
them ever studied under more experienced chefs nor read anything but
Micky
Mouse strips in the Sunday papers.

And do notice that Nad R just wants to learn to cook, he says nothing
about becoming the next Escoffier.

Liberace
was not only one of the world's most renowned pianists he was also a
very accomplished cook, both innate talents, achieved both with no
formal education.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberace

Entirely irrelevant.

Are you worried that if you are civil and reasonable that you will be
ignored? Inventing insults for strangers sure is a strange way to get
noticed.

I've been reading Sheldon's posts for at least a decade and he's always
been
exactly the same. No-one has ever had a good word to say for him or
about
him.

I'm not here to win any popularity contest, in fact I'd rather not be
popular... those most popular have the brownest noses. But if you've
been reading me for ten years you learned a lot.

I've learned nothing from any of your posts except that you are a
miserable,
nasty piece of shit and that your opinion of your own knowledge and
abilities far exceeds the reality.

Thank you for indicating how much I get under your skin and annoy you.

LOL. Annoying is soemthing that happens in real life, not some misanthrope
on usenet who has been told by everyone who comes into contact with him for
as long as I've seen his posts, that he's a total tosspot

And the only reality is that I'm for real and can and do prove it
while all you prove is that you're a Fraud1.

I know you have a shed full of stuff, but that just means 'all hat, no
cattle'.