Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Help with garden/planting layout

"macadonald" wrote in message

Hi Guys,

First time on here, so feel free to tell me off if this is an
innapropriate question.

Moved into a 3 bed terraced a little over a year ago and spent most of
last year focussing on the garden. Took out 2 skip loads of buried and
cast concrete, all old fences down and new fences up , top soil and
turfed the whole lot. Nothing has been planted yet and we're already
well into summer, which is annoying me, where does the time go.

I basically have a blank canvas and want to cut some pretty basic beds
and plant some plants. The garden is pretty rectangular and the aoi is
roughly 5m x 15m inc turf.

Although I'd like to think I have green fingers and did a lot of
gardenign in our bigger South African garden as a youngster, I'm not
that familiar with UK plants yet and could really do with advice on what
to plant.

Is anyone out there experienced or kind enough to give some landscapign
advice if I sent some photos of the garden?

Cheeky maybe, but worth a try. I can explain what I have in mind.

Most of us who post to this newsgroup (look up on google to find out what a
newsgroup is - we don't post to the forum gardenbanter which just steals our
posts and pretends we have posted there) are not in the UK. Have a look for
a magazine called "The English Garden" as it has good garden ideas and the
sorts of plants that grow well in the UK.