Old 01-07-2011, 10:42 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
On 6/29/11 11:21 PM, FarmI wrote:
"Dean wrote in message

I wonder if you could find some used hand move sprinkler line. The
stuff I'm thinking of is 4" aluminum and has a coupler for a sprinkler
at
each joint. It usually came in 30' or 40' sections.
You could just pull it apart to drain it or put a valve at a joint
now and then.
One drawback might be its temptation to thieves.

Good Lord. That stuff would now have antique value wouldn't it Dean?

I've never heard of anyone collecting it.

Nah, neither have I, but farmers tend to get attached to stuff that's been
sitting in their PUS pile for years and the value increases in leaps and
bounds when someone else might want it.

Old tractors and
farm equipment , old cars and barb wire, yes. A former co worker told me
people collect the insulators used on the old overhead phone lines.

:-)) I have a few of those. I also have a few old rabbit traps that I've
foudn round the paddocks over time.

The scrap value of used aluminum pipe might be pretty high. Many
farmers in my area went to pivot irrigation so scrapped their irrigation
pipe. No one much cared for hand move sprinkler line. It was just too
labor intensive. My Dad had some. He also had "volunteers" to help move
it.

You didn't step back fast enough did you ;-))