Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:.

Will likely never hear from that poster again... lots of new large
property owners think exactly the same thing, they are going to pipe
their irrigation water... just won't work unless one spends a LOT of
bucks. Originally I thought I would pipe water but fortunately all I
did was buy ten 100' lengths of 5/8" Swan garden hose... first time I
charged just three lenghts and tried to drag it about I knew I ****ed
up, could give ya a hernia. But that hose was on sale at Lowe's for
$10 each and ten years later I'm still using that hose, some is on my
hose reels, so no loss. I even have two lengths still unused. Each
length came with one of those multi-spray nozzles, cheapo plastic, all
are shit canned... ever you buy a nozzle be sure it's metal.

I also started off with buried lines, i removed the worthless expensive
lines. I now use light weight hoses with quick connect links and use a
garden wagon to move the segments around. I do not use the hose that often
perhaps one a week on average. I had those heavy duty hoses at first, I
have them still, but they can cause a hernia. I like the light weight ones.
It would take more time for me fill barrels and get the tractor out that
for me to use hoses.