Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message

However I did state that I tend to use a soaker hose that I do not raise
the tail of the hose. The sprayer does not work very good because it does
lack pressure.

If you have low water pressure, I can recommend these:
http://www.greenharvest.com.au/tools...kler_prod.html

The spiky little head in the middle is like a small basket that wobbles.
The wobble action throws the spay quite wide even if the pressure is
woeful.
Here's another variant:
http://www.wobble-tee.com.au/

That is something I did not believe existed. I will look for a local
version first.
Thank for the information on that. The soaker hoses are nice but have their
limitations.

and so does shooting water into the air. You must have water to burn.

My well has never gone dry and have let it runs for hours on end. However,
I do not use the hose that often. Just between rains and when the rain
barrels run dry.
My barrels are now dry as of today. I am hoping for rain soon. Only a 30%
chance of rain for today and tomorrow. I estimate running my well, filters,
salt and power cost no more than twenty dollars per month.

Michigan is not like California, fresh water is cheap and plentiful here.
The reason people do not like Michigan is the long cold winters.