Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Council Tree cutting question

"Fuschia" wrote
Granity wrote:

kay; Wrote:
But what does "maintain" mean? Trees grow. As long as they are healthy
and not a danger, *does anyone have a right to TV reception?*

It is a protected service, but that is usually taken to mean against
electrical/RF noise. A new warehouse caused severe ghosting on TV
reception in our local town and I believe the developers ended up having
to install Free-sat for everyone affected. That of course may be the
cheapest solution for the tree owners, rather than pruning them.

I find that in most cases, trees are more interesting to watch than
TV.

Actually we are finding we don't watch so much TV at the moment, just
nothing worth watching, nothing interesting, despite all the channels. Where
are Panorama, Horizon, Time Team and similar programmes?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden