Old 02-07-2011, 12:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Blackberry tree?

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

-snip-

Well-- she went to the patient's house again today. The patient
gladly gave her a branch so I could identify it.

-snip-

Plant the cutting as mulberries grow from cuttings.

I'm going to give it a try. She cut a 3-4' branch- wrapped the
cut end in paper towels & placed in a plastic bag. So, even after
a summer day in the trunk of her car, after a night in the pond it
looks pretty healthy today. I'm going to try a couple grafts on
my tree-- and try to root the remainders.

Mulberry isn't a common tree in my part of the world- so I just always
thought they were all as un-exciting as the one I have. It will be
nice to have one for the birds & squirrels and one for people.g.

Jim

The damn things would take over my yard if I let them . But you're right ,
the birds and aquirres love 'em .
Anybody want some peppervine starts ? I'm continuously pulling them out of
my garden . The ones in the "grass" I just mow .
--
Snag
Learning keeps