Old 02-07-2011, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil[_9_] Phil[_9_] is offline

Default What's vandalising my strawberries please?

On 29/06/11 18:51, ZeroZero wrote:
I live in Herts UK.
I have two strawberry beds growing well. However I find that when I
pick the strawberries a few have chunks taken out of them and many many
many of the green strawberries have been disconnected at the stalk and
simply are found lying on the floor. They are not eaten simply cut or
dropped from the plant. Watering is not a problem.
I do have greyt squirrels raiding my birdtable

Does anyone know for sure what is damaging my stawberries and cutting
them off?

A friend reports watching grey squirrels picking green strawberries and
then discarding them when they realise they are not nuts.

--
Phil
Liverpool, UK