Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default Starting a new veg plot.

Scientists Reveal Glyphosate Poisons Crops and Soil
Don Huber, recently retired from Purdue University, and co-author G.S.

Funny, I sprayed glyphosphate onto a section of yard near my back
fence, to kill all of the grass. The soil is rich there, so I was able
to plant without disturbing the soil much, other than adding some
composted cow manure to the bottom of the holes, and then adding straw
later on to conserve moisture.

Tomatoes are probably the most susceptible to damage from
glyphosphate, yet mine are doing great there now. By using
glyphosphate, I was able to minimize soil preparation, soil erosion, and
backbreaking work. In truth, I wouldn't have a nice tomato garden
without the roundup, and the local steam would probably have become
choked with silt from erosion runoff, killing off some endangered
species. Way to go, glyphosphate!